History of our School
There has been a Holy Trinity School in Handsworth since 1869. It was first opened in Finch Road. In 1877 it moved to Wilson Road. Both these early buildings still exist today. Each pupil paid two pence until 1891 when free schooling was introduced but pupils still had to pay for their own books. The school remained at the building in Wilson Road until the present site was opened in November 1971.
The school was founded by the Church of England and has always sought to serve all the children of the surrounding community. Faith in God is a cornerstone of our school life. Today, children of many different religious backgrounds attend the school. There are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist families represented within our school community. This brings a wonderful variety and richness of experiences to our life and learning together.